February 22, 2012

Test Knitting: Condurat

I was given the opportunity to test knit for the very talented designer Sarah Burghardt a few weeks ago.  Now the pattern has been released so I felt that a post was in order!  

The pattern is Condurat and it is a brioche stitch cowl pattern that can be knit in either DK or worsted weight yarn.  I made mine using Malabrigo Rios which is a worsted superwash yarn.  The colorways I used were Azules and Indiecita, which made for a watery effect.


I think my favorite thing about this cowl is that you can wear it different ways:


1.  Folded up and smooshed around your neck like a wooly hug! 


 

2.  Over the shoulders like a mini-cape or a ninja!



3.  Or over the head like a hood!  


I love this cowl so much, it has given me cowl fever!  Expect more cowls in the posts to come.  I've got one on the needles right now and ideas for another two after that.  Possibly a free pattern for one if my idea works out!  We'll see...  :) 


Also, if you haven't already, seriously check out Sarah's stuff over at her Ravelry page.  She's grrrrrrreat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment